Mini-Workshop - Current and Future Trends in Computed Tomography
September 15-16, 2016 - Innsbruck
Computed tomography (CT) is one of the most important diagnostic tools in modern medicine. While the term computed tomography was initially reserved for x-ray based CT scanners, it nowadays covers various non-invasive imaging technologies, where mathematics plays a major role for obtaining diagnostic images. The unifying element of all tomographic applications is that only indirect information about the quantities of interest are collected when scanning the patient, and that mathematical reconstruction algorithms are a central aspect to obtain an image of the patient.
In this workshop leading experts report on recent developments in tomographic image reconstruction, including x-ray CT, single photon emission computed tomography, ultasound tomography, as well as photoacoustic and thermoacoustic tomography.
The workshop will take place at Hotel Innsbruck, September 15-16, 2016.
The conference fee (including conference dinner, coffee breaks, and one lunch) is EUR 150 €.
Registration deadline is August 19, 2016.
- Maximum 20 participants.
- Location: Hotel aDLERS, Bruneckerstraße 1, 6020-Innsbruck AUSTRIA.
- Hotel aDLERS booking information.
- The conference fee (including conference dinner, coffee breaks, and one lunch) is EUR 200 €.
- Registration until all slots are filled (deadline May 31th, 2018).
- Download the Workshop Poster
|Thursday, September 15, 2016|
|08:30 - 09:00||Registration|
|09:00 - 09:45||Truong|
|09:45 - 10:15||Moon|
|10:15 - 11:00||Coffee break and discussion|
|11:00 - 11:30||Haltmeier|
|11:30 - 12:15||Jäger|
|12:15 - 14:00||Lunch break|
|14:00 - 14:45||Schuster|
|14:45 - 15:15||Rabanser|
|15:15 - 16:00||Coffee break and discussion|
|16:00 - 16:45||Natterer|
|16:45 - 17:15||Grasmair|
|Friday, September 16, 2016|
|09:00 - 09:30||Paltauf|
|09:30 - 10:00||Nuster|
|10:00 - 11:45||Coffee break and discussion|
|10:45 - 11:30||Kowar|
|11:30 - 12:00||Nguyen|
List of accepted participants
- Stefan Antholzer (University of Innsbruck)
- Markus Grasmair (Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
- Markus Haltmeier (University of Innsbruck)
- Michael Jäger (Univeristy of Bern)
- Richard Kowar (University of Innsbruck)
- Sungwan Moon (Department of Mathematical Sciences, UNIST, Republic of Korea)
- Frank Natterer (University of Münster)
- Lukas Neumann (University of Innsbruck)
- Linh Nguyen (University of Idaho)
- Robert Nuster (University of Graz)
- Sergiy Pereverzyev Jr. (University of Innsbruck)
- Günther Paltauf (University of Graz)
- Simon Rabanser (University of Innsbruck)
- Johannes Sappl (University of Innsbruck)
- Johann Seehauser (University of Innsbruck)
- Daniela Schiefeneder (University of Innsbruck)
- Thomas Schuster (Saarland University)
- Johannes Schwab (University of Innsbruck)
- Martin Schwarz (Univeristy of Innsbruck)
- Christoph Wolf (Univeristy of Innsbruck)
- Tuong T. Truong (Université de Cergy-Pontoise)
The Workshop for "Image Reconstruction and Learning" is taking place at Hotel Innsbruck. For Informations of how to get there, please see the map below.